My Biggest Regret in Life

I started writing this letter to my father, but thought this blog is a better place, in the hope that some young kid somewhere on earth will heed to my regret and research further to avoid the same for her/his life.

These are thoughts at my core today at the age of 31. I wish I could turn back time.



When i see westerners who have travelled to India live there for decades and learnt yoga, meditation, Pranayama and many other ancient sciences from our guru's living in India and then these ppl come back and teach it to the world here in the west, I am so sad and depressed and lost that living in India I never knew much about these possibilities, the greatness, the finality and the importance to life it self that can be realized by mastering the above.

And now i am having to start here all alone sitting in a room, reading a book, watching some video introduced to me by a westerner as part of some workout routine as the most important part of the routine, and here i am, too old to learn it fast enough, too busy to keep up with it regularly only grasping bits and piece of these eternal sciences that really should have been a part of my daily life growing up in India.

What a sad education system we have in India. What a sad state of affairs we had in India growing up where we ignored all this. I feel so terrible when white ppl from across the world are soooo good at yoga and I can't seem to do a single asana properly.

I hope and wish to master yoga in the coming decade. i just wish I started younger for in yoga, meditation and pranayama along with immense bhakti and love for SreeRama (Parameshwara) lies happiness....lies bliss....lies hope for this life and the next...all else is an illusion, temporary like a carrot dangling in front of a horse.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Bohm and Advaita Vedanta

Brahma Satyam Jagan Mitya ---- A Scientific world view of the nature of Reality

Entropy and the concept of Yuga in Sanatana Dharma