One Goal for myself

Through life's experiences, I had come to realize a philosophical truth, which if you look deeper, is the true reason behind chaos and pain in the world, other people might have said it in different ways, but here is how I put it:

It is better to not Know
Than to Know and not Have
Than to Have and then Lose

But even better is to lose and then have it back.

Yes, its true in our everyday experience undeniably.

If you are in to Philosophy, I might add:

It is even better to know and NOT care.


The above truth as I understand from Vedanta which will truly liberate you and set you free, which if you think with your intellect is very true:

In other words:

It is best to know and not let your heart flap a single wing for what you know

And that is, as the greatest super humansthat have walked the earth, the Rishis's of India, have agreed to and will tell you, is the most difficult thing in the world to do.

To control your heart from wanting "something" perceiving that that "something" is going to make you happy, when truly it doesn't. Coz if it did, as soon as you got that "Something" you would not look for anything else incessantly anymore. Right?

That is the goal, I have set for myself.

I know it is infinitely difficult to achieve that state.

But glory favors the brave, doesn't it? (look am already wanting something, Glory... but hope u got my point)

I write this on a public blog, so that people can keep me honest as and when they see me swerve from the path to this goal.

Where do I start?

A book called " Conquest of the Mind" by Eknath Easwaran

Which essentially, may not be in the same words, but the bottom line of the book points to my needing to do my Sandhyavandana and Gayatri Japam every day in the morning and the evening.


Pray for me, encourage me, love me, hate me, do whatever you can. Help me reach my goal.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Bohm and Advaita Vedanta

Brahma Satyam Jagan Mitya ---- A Scientific world view of the nature of Reality

Entropy and the concept of Yuga in Sanatana Dharma