A case for Astrology

I would like to present a case for astrology from life's experiences, from veritable books and a scientific study I came across recently.

Why am I making a case for it?

Well, recently I've embarked on understanding what Darwin really said about Evolution and how he came about these conclusions. I've been watching the documentary (The Genius of Darwin) by the foremost proponent of evolution in the contemporary world, Sir Richard Dawkins, below is the link on youtube to the same:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSYREfaZP1U


Now here is what I said recently on my Facebook post:

If Darwin's theory of Evolution is accepted in the scientific community although there is no empirical evidence, only based on observations and derivation of possibilities, then Astrology, planetary influence on the human mind/ character/psych, SHLD be accepted by the scientific community as a fact. If not this is pure bigotry by the scientific community to call evolution a science and astrology a fairy tale nuisance.



I would like to discuss a personal experience, which at this point I can only ask you to trust me on: 

When I used to Plano, Texas, my landlady had a baby sitting business . I used to live in the out house. The landlady's name was Elaine ( She is by far one of the sweetest human beings I have and would ever come across). In any case, this one afternoon, I was having a general conversation with her, and in the course of the conversation, I stumbled upon that fact that tonight was going to be a full moon day.  Elaine sprang back and became animated, "Oh My God", so obviously I was concerned and asked her what's wrong, she is a devout Christian, so I did not see what significance, she would have with a full moon. So I enquired.  BTW, her husband papa Dave (he is simply awesome!!!) just walked in at that point and both started explaining this to me:

EVERY FULL MOON day, these kids (in the day care, ages ranging from a few months to abt 5 yrs old), would become boisterous and completely out of control. The kids would become noisy, cranky and it becomes really difficult for Elaine and Papa Dave to handle them all as the day progresses toward the evening.

Do all you "scientific" people get the drift? Anyone one who does not, leave me a message and I shall respond. 

There are other personal experiences which only I can talk about in my own life that has proved to me that astrology has phenomenal prediction capabilities. I will not recount them here because these are too personal. 


Here is my final conclusion on Astrology: 

Astrology is a probabilistic science. And just like EVERY probabilistic science (like predictions about the stock market) it can turn out to be right or it can turn out to be wrong, it really depends on who is making the predictions. So in essence, Astrology give you the odds of something happening this way or that way. And people who understand probability from their high school and college mathematics, odds are odds, not guarantees. And if you can believe it, some people are gifted to see beyond the numbers and their ability to predict and see beyond numbers (occult powers do exist) has to be seen to be believed. I have. And its not a power that comes to people by reading books or listening to commentary. There is a whole lot more to it. I'll leave it there for you to find out, what it really takes.

Historically it took someone many yrs to "learn" astrological sciences learning under a guru who himself has mastered it over 10's of years. The problem today is that, in order to make money, (because people go crazy/bonkers to know their future, they will go to anyone), there are hundreds of scoundrels who read a few books and think they know astrology and set up their businesses. Now since this is a tough science, these unlearned idiots, make predictions on the probabilities of the future, and because these guys in reality suck at this science, the whole school of Astrology is taking a bad rap for it. And that is sad.


I am positive, provided the right kind of funding, technology and science can and will be developed to 'scientifically' prove it to the scientific glots out there who try to diminish ancient sciences just because thy are incapable of understanding and producing/ inventing instruments tat makes sense to them.

The naysayers shld read up a chapter from " life of a yogi" by swami yogananda, that illustrates the science behind Astrology.

If I receive comments on this post asking me to give you all a gist of what that chapter talks about, I will be glad to do so.


Today's Science is like a teenage kid who forcefully denies the wisdom of the older ancient sciences which were far more advanced in almost all aspects imaginable.

For a more through understanding of Astrology: I highly recommend googling "B V Raman Astrology books". Its not that we all have to learn the science, but before we question it, lets understand that there is more than meets the eye as far as ancient sciences are concerned. The west and western scientific thought is proving day in day out that it knows nothing compared to what our Rishi's have taught us for thousands of years. We are the inventors of numbers ( ALL OF THEM), we are the inventors of plastic surgery ( at least 4 thousand yrs ago ), we are the inventors of Yoga ( which understood the central nervous system and how to keep it health thousands of years ago ) , we are the one who understood the fundamental nature of the universe, its age, its characteristics thousands and thousands of years before modern science, this list is really long(i am not exaggerating). Its time all modern scientists start treating the ancient sciences from India (and a few from China) with some respect.

Updated Aug 1st 2013:


Modern Scientists: Welcome to the tip of the tip of the (yes, the tip of the tip of the) ice berg of ancient Indian Astrology.


www.bbc.co.uk
Bad night's sleep? A full Moon could be to blame, say scientists.






Full moon and sleep duration

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Bohm and Advaita Vedanta

Brahma Satyam Jagan Mitya ---- A Scientific world view of the nature of Reality

Entropy and the concept of Yuga in Sanatana Dharma