Idiocracy: Prophetic Movie
I read this book, Deep Work, a long time back. By the author, Cal Newport
One of the things that this book talked about. Was something very important that gets missed in the larger thoughts about deep work and concentration, etc.
He talks about his Jewish friend who has traditional Jewish training, reading and analyzing the Torah.
This very wellplished professor tenured professor accomplishing some amazing feats of human accomplishments not just in the field of computer science, but also such a precocious author tells us that this friend of his can run circles around him when it comes to raw intelligence.
Then he goes on to explain the biological mechanisms of what is actually happening. He says the way the Torah is understood by these Jewish students. Allows certain layers of their brains to build very strong network connections. And you do that over generations, you get the smartest people in the world, which are the Jewish people, as far as we can tell.
I don't think there is any doubt in anyone's mind as to how smart the Jewish people are, irrespective of how we view their political inclinations.
Pin that there for one moment.
Recently I have been head down developing an astrology app. Of course, using AI.
And the more I delved into building the core engine of astrology the more I realize what a rocket science this really is. Analyzing astrology itself is beyond rocket science, as far as I'm concerned. But building the engine, in my view, is mathematically just magic.
Especially for someone dumb like me. The reason I say I'm dumb is because I need you all to think about this for one moment. When all of these astrological calculations were developed a few thousand years ago in ancient India. There were no books to write on, let alone supercomputers doing the math for you.
Yet the calculations were on point, so phenomenally accurate that even today the calculations of the sunrise and the sunset, and the moonrise and the moonset, and the positioning of the planets, at least the visible planets, is phenomenally precise when compared to the actual astronomical observations using the world's greatest telescopes today.
I need you to think about all of these people, through the generations, that have done all of this math, learned all of this math in their heads, and continued the tradition into 2026, which is when this blog is being written.
Now the next thing for you to know is how the Brahmins are the Jews of India. Although considering the culture of India, the Brahmins have not been slaughtered in the country, they are now the most hated community in India. Especially in some states, most of the Brahmins have left in search of better opportunities and safety, especially in states like Tamil Nadu.
What I have heard from grapevine is a lot of people in Tamil Nadu actually cry about the fact that these guys who left the state are successful no matter where they go. And the same thing you will see about Kashmiri Pundits, they go anywhere they become successful. You will also see extremely successful Marvis and Guptas and Brahmins in all aspects of life in India and outside of India.
On an average, the Brahmins and the Maravadis are the most successful and technically the smartest group of people in India.
And this is where you connect the original PIN to the second piece that I am talking about. The reason Brahmins and the Maravadis have become so smart is the same reason the Jews became smart.
The Brahmins have had the same rigor in learning extraordinarily complex things over generations and doing all of the logic, all of the math, all of the philosophy, everything in their minds and transferring it orally over generations with hardly anything ever written down in books.
In fact, just two generations ago, the superstars of India were called not somebody who had a lot of wealth but somebody who proved their extraordinary intelligence, and they were given a special title called Avadhanam. These are people, and then there is another level to Avadhanam called Ashta Avadhanam. These are people who are intelligent beyond par. If you look at the rigor of how one achieves this title, I think you will be left in awe. And I don't think there is any other parallel title achieving system anywhere on the planet.
At a high level, I can tell you becoming an Aadhhanam or an Ashta Abadharam is about extreme mental gymnastics. And memorization and philosophy and logic, everything coming out of a single human's brain.
And these are people that you will find across India with those last names. These are the children of those people who achieved this level of intelligence. Now the problem is in the last 2 or 3 generations, and especially since the Britishers came, there has been no scope for these genetics to continue because these practices have been watered down. Because of lack of money, lack of opportunity, lack of any state support, because throughout history the Brahmins almost always have had some level of state support to continue with their practices, that made them the smartest humans alive.
The difference between the Brahmins and the Jews is the Jews do business and the Brahmins don't. The Brahmins have to do with a job which then takes away from the time that they could have spent in continuing building the core human raw intelligence.
In any case, let's come to 2026.
Thanks to AI, especially, and of course since the beginning of the Internet, but also especially since the advent of smartphones. Humans almost don't need to do anything with their brains anymore.
not just AI, but it is a well-known fact that there is a term now in the urban lingo called brain rot thanks to the proliferation and worsening of social media-driven attention consumption . Humanity has given it a name, consciously or subconsciously, that is doing that to the brain we all now have a rotting brain . most of us do .
Guess what happens when you don't use a muscle and you let it rot. It atrophies. Now you extrapolate everything that I told you from the above. We now have a whole generation, multiple generations of children that have not built or learned with the rigor of the past. Maybe there are ultra-orthodox Jewish people that are still there. But in India, that level of rigor is now almost lost even for people who are learning the Vedas.
There I am sure are a small percentage of population in pockets that still keep these practices alive, but we are talking about 0.000001 of a population of 14 billion.
But what about the rest of the world? The point I am trying to make with the whole blog here is how humanity is destined to progress toward becoming extremely dumb. That's an oxymoron right there. I don't know what progress this is.
When I watched the movie Idiocracy around 2007, the movie was made 500 years into the future. But I think we are there today. To a certain extent, and maybe in another couple of generations, we will be there almost completely.
AI is the death knell of human intelligence. Humanity itself, not because robots will come over, but because humans will start thinking, Gatorade would be an amazing liquid for plants because it has electrolytes.
Long live humanity.
Comments